Friday, March 18, 2011

It feels like NO ONE CARES! "Alone" is an understatement

Support and Understanding - Chronic illness is very much misunderstood by people that do not suffer from one.  The healthy people in this world just don't get it.  People, even your family members, have difficulty wrapping their brains around these conditions/diseases.  There are people that do understand and do experience similar symptoms - You are not alone and can get support and help from people that care.

If it weren't for the forums and message boards, blogs and wonderful organizations like the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA.ORG) and all the content that can be found over the net, I'd have NO ONE.  I'm serious when I tell you this.  I do not have immediate family members that have take the time to learn about my illness, nor do I have many friends that take the time to get educated about the disease that will effect my life forever.  More aggravation is felt when I'm around my family members... especially ones that are clueless... lol i'm talking they have less than a clue about my life, the disease and how it effects my life on a day to day basis.  If I were to ask a close family member; let's say my father.  If I asked him if he has ever visited CCFA.ORG.... ever, his response would probably be "what's CCFA?"

I am still trying to get over the fact that my family do not, have not and probably will not ever take interest in this horrible disease called Crohn's!

I thank all the people that are encouraging and compassionate.  It means the world to me and i'm sure it's made a difference in so many other peoples' lives.

YOU ARE APPRECIATED GREATLY!! 


THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment