Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nanoparticle Iron & Minerals - A Good Option for IBS & IBD Sufferers That Require Supplemental Nutrients

I'm really interested in learning more about Nanoparticle Medicine/Nanoparticle Technology for drug and mineral delivery. What I've read about the stuff is that Nanoparticles & products of nanotechnology are of increasing interest to the pharmaceutical community. They can increase drug solubility, enhance bioavailability, allow tissue targeting, offer decreased side-effects, and improve therapeutic efficacy.
Drug delivery technologies are patent protected formulation technologies that modify drug release profile, absorption, distribution and elimination for the benefit of improving product efficacy and safety, as well as patient convenience and compliance.[3] Most common routes of administration include the preferred non-invasive peroral (through the mouth), topical (skin), transmucosal (nasal, buccal/sublingual, vaginal, ocular and rectal) and inhalation routes.[4][5] Many medications such as peptide and protein, antibody, vaccine and gene based drugs, in general may not be delivered using these routes because they might be susceptible to enzymatic degradation or can not be absorbed into the systemic circulation efficiently due to molecular size and charge issues to be therapeutically effective. For this reason many protein and peptide drugs have to be delivered by injection or a nanoneedle array.

Because I have to always get iron infusions; about every 3 months or so, it would be so wonderful to be able to orally take the iron without experiencing stomach and intestinal bleeding/upset. I absolutely cannot tolerate regular oral iron capsules or tablets whatsoever. Due to the ongoing intestinal bleeding, I lose a significant amount of blood; enough to lower my red blood cell count causing me to become anemic. The only safe and tolerable solution to raise my level of iron is through a 5-7 session round of 30-45 min. Iron Sucrose infusions every few months. I tried the 2 session Iron infusion ( kind of like one big dose of iron injected within 20 seconds rather than 20 min, requiring only 2 injections) and had a reaction. My body is a fragile, sensitive thing and reacts to so many chemicals, foods, plants, people... yes humans lol... just kidding about the people and plants, unless they're pollenated and say stupid things.
Discovering the Nanoparticle form of iron seems like something that I may be able to handle because the iron is instantly absorbed into the bloodstream and does not require digestion. This Means that in this form, it will not irritate the GI tract and this is AWESOME news because Iron infusions are $CoStLY$ (Approximate cost for just 1 - 30 min infusion amounts to say $580. $600.- or close to that amount PER infusion. $400 for just the iron alone is just wrong, so if I can find an effective and reasonable priced way of addressing this bitch called anemia, I will jump on the chance to try it out.
Has anyone ever tried something like this in any mineral form? If so, I'd like to get your input.
Once I located a reputable source of Nanoparticle Iron, I will post the manufacturer and the effects of taking this type of iron.

LINK WITH MORE INFO & A SOURCE WHERE YOU CAN PURCHASE NANOPARTICLE IRON + VITAMIN C http://www.holistichealthshoppe.com/astragalus.php?id=24#262



2 comments:

  1. Blackstrap molasses (unsulphured) 1tsp a day and/or added to baking (SCD type baking) cured my anemia. Can't tolerate sugar but this was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for that suggestion. I'd love to not require the costly iron infusions that I end up needing due to anemia. I'll have to try this.. Any specific brand??

    Thanks a bunch for that tid bit of knowledge. I love it when I hear something new that is natural

    ReplyDelete